Amy Nicholls Memorial
Amy NichollsIn Memory of Amy Nicholls, A volunteer from England who died tragically at lake Challa in Taveta. Amy Nicholls community center was built in 2002. Amy was among a group of students volunteers living with the communities of Kasighau at the time. Following her death, the family raised funds and built a memorial centre which they later donated to Bungule Village. Since then ABECLUB has continued to support the centre.
Abeclub supports the center by:
- Started a Library in the centre and employed a librarian/Secretary.
- Installed a DSTV Dish, A projector and a TV for theatre and sports center
- Fenced the compound and created the people’s park/Garden.
- Meeting Hall Facilitation.
- Sewing Workshop
- Abeclub also uses the building at their office and store.
- The centre is open to the public for meetings and Bazaars
- Renovating, Repairs and Maintenance
- Employed a Gardener and watchman.
- Connected a free WiFi Sport for internet users